Blood in urine following sexual activity

16 years 9 months ago #6743 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
David,

Are you REALLY okay with this "take an aspirin and call me in the morning" attitude?

Regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6741 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Alice & All:

I just returned from my cysto. What a painful experience!!! :-X

The urine specimen I gave was about the color of rose wine, so full of red blood cells. Bleeding getting progressively worse!

The URO did the cysto and observed that the neck of the bladder is severely inflamed, so much so that he could not tell whether the cause is CIS or other. He concluded that it is a "bullous edema of the bladder neck area", which of course causes bleeding, severe urgency and burning. Of course he commented that it could also be the CIS ???

Anyway, he told me to take a lot of anti-inflammatory medication and to come back in three weeks (he's off to Tanzania for vacation ;D )

But enough about me ---

I'm concerned that we didn't hear from Alice about her cysto yesterday. ???

Alice, are you okay? We are concerned about you, but understand that you may be too busy or just not ready to share right now. Remember, we are here for you, 24/7 :)

David

16 years 9 months ago #6733 by ddoyle
Message to Alice:

We hope your visit with your new URO and your cysto went well for you yesterday. How was the new Dr? Hopefully more attentive and caring than the one you had before. And what about the findings of the cystoscopy exam? Was it as expected? We were hoping to hear from you that things went well.

I go in this afternoon at 4:00 (central time) for my cysto. I'm not sure what was going on with what they thought was an infection a couple of weeks ago -- I took the full course of antibiotics, then a couple of days ago the URO office left a voicemail that my urine cyto was negative but to be sure to finish taking the meds?? So what was causing the bleeding and pain?

Still had some blood last nite so there's something there :-\

Alice, let us hear from you -- that is when you feel like letting us know. Remember, we are here for you :)

16 years 9 months ago #6724 by Nix
Hi Alice,

I am thinking of you today. Let us know how everything went. You are in my prayers.

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

16 years 9 months ago #6723 by ddoyle
Alice,

It's so kind of you to ask about me in the midst of your own fears and concerns! I don't know whether they will be able to do the cystocopy but I hope so since my Dr. is going to be away for 3 weeks starting Friday.
We will be thinking of you this afternoon and waiting to hear from you.

Your friend,
David

16 years 9 months ago #6721 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Hello David, I am sure you know how I am feeling. Especially when you are having to deal with an infection besides the cancer.

Do you think you will be over it enough to be able to get your cysto tomorrow?

With all of our strength plus love and care, WE WILL get through this. You are a very positive person and I appreciate that so very much!

David, just know, my heart and wishes will be with you also tomorrow.

I go in at 1:00 pm Central time today. I will be seeing you all after that.

All my love and friendship to all!

Alice

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne