Blood in urine following sexual activity

16 years 9 months ago #6781 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Alice, I hate to hear about your bad experience. This was with the new uro is that correct? You have got to find out about that blood in the urine, whatever it takes. I'm glad you insisted on the ua. I have quickly learned that we have to be on top of these things ourselves and make sure the right thing gets done when needed. At least to the best of our ability. These health care professionals are busy people-we only have ourselves or loved ones to keep up with.
Anyway, stick with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6774 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Hi warren, yep, "2 days to get the results of a UA," this is what they told me anyway. If I wouldn't have been so stubborn, I would have had to wait another month for one.

Teardrop, just can't tell you how much it means to me that you and so many others really care. Thank you so much for checking back in with me. It really did suck, but as I quoted on another post, I am up and ready to get back into the saddle again ;). I am not about to let these doctors, this cancer, and our health system beat me down.

Hand me those reins will ya? Yee Haa! ;)

David, sounds as if you are having just as much trouble. Wonder if the Uro's are related in anyway, lol.

When my OBgyn took the urine sample it was also tested for infection, but none. I am just really curious when the results get back in, what that Uro will have to say then, but actually it really doesn't matter because I will be finding me another. Yep, that is right, I WILL! :)

Wow, just don't know what I would have done without all of my BC warriors and this Forum.

You all really mean so much to me.

Hugs, kisses, and my best wishes to all!

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6765 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Question for W. Silberstein:

Thanks for the info on INH; I'll look it up. What do you know about the bullous edema in the neck of the bladder area (actually it feels like it extends down into the urethra)? Would that likely be caused by reaction to the BCG treatment -- or related to CIS??

I appreciate your input.

David

16 years 9 months ago #6763 by Nix
Alice, I am so sorry you had to have this experience! I kept checking in to see how everything went for you.
It sounds like this doctor should be "run out of town". I am glad you stuck to your guns for the test. Hopefully, you have another name of a URO you can trust? Take care, and please let us know how things are going.

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

16 years 9 months ago #6757 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
INH. It is an antituberculosis drug. If you haven't been successful looking it up, the other name for it is isoniazid.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 9 months ago #6756 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
2 days to get the results of a UA :o . My urolgoist does it in his office. For that matter, so do I. I always know the results of UAs on my patients before their visit is over.
-Warren
TaG3 Cis 12/2000 & pediatrician

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne