Post Bcg maintenance

1 year 11 months ago #61288 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Post Bcg maintenance
Rich360,

Blood clots are not unexpected after BCG treatment. For many of us our reaction to BCG increases with additional treatments; others report no response increase. Bits of tissue, urothelium , urinary casts and blood clots  can all show up in urine - which we tend to  pay more attention to after BCG treatment. 

It is likely that 'things that look like blood clots" are blood clots. They can provide a unique sensation as the exit the body.

Large clots, in large quantity can block urine flow, and require prompt treatment. Talk to your doc about when to call the office if you become unable to urinate. Also ask about liquid consumption suggestions after BCG treatment.

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #61285 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Post Bcg maintenance
In all probablity these are inner cells sloughed off after coming in contact with the BCG. Irritation and some mild bleeding is to be expected. It also means should there be any cancerous cells they would be destroyed.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich360

1 year 11 months ago #61284 by Rich360
Post Bcg maintenance was created by Rich360
After receiving 3 maintenance bcg treatments, there were clot like pieces in my urine. Drank a lot of water and they decreased. 
my question is if I’ve been clean in the bladder ( no new tumors ) what are the clots made of? What is getting irritated in the bladder or elsewhere? 
tia 
rich

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne