Post surgery at MD Anderson

12 years 7 months ago #39360 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Post surgery at MD Anderson
Glad to hear that things are moving along so to speak! Hope you are home soon keep us updated.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #39345 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Post surgery at MD Anderson
Congratts on the cancer free. Its kind of liberating isn't it. You will look back on this a year from now and say " That wasn't so bad". I'm happy for you! :) :) :)

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 7 months ago #39342 by efoster4242
Post surgery at MD Anderson was created by efoster4242
I am now post surgery at MD Anderson. My surgery was on August 24 and I have been here ever since. The bladder, prostate, and lymph nodes were removed as planned. The post tests on all organs showed no cancer anywhere other than in the bladder. So, I am cancer free at this time, YEAH !!!! It was the right decision for sure. I have been here for 3 weeks today. My bowels have not wanted to start up, but this morning the all telling passing of gas has started and I am on the way. I have been here so long that I may be skipping some of the things that were planned. Like my bladder is completely healed now and they took out the stints today instead of me coming back in 2 weeks to have them removed.
I had a time with the bowels though. So much so they want to move in baby steps. So I am here at MD with an NG tube and waiting for the beginning of the liquid diet. I suspect that will come soon though.
Thanks to all who helped me though the decision process and to cope with what I was about to go through.
Ed

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne