Post-Neobladder \"Real Timeframes\"

13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #35110 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Post-Neobladder \"Real Timeframes\"
Welcome Stan, Here are some exercises I found sucsessful.
Roll ins (ball)
Roll outs (band)
bridges

medicalcenter.osu.edu/PatientEd/Materials/PDFDocs/exer-reh/physical/IncontinenceExerProg.pdf

Accordy to my PT, walking is great for pelvic floor. I walk 3 -5 miles a day.

In the mean time
tenasurvey.us/TENACoupon.pdf

real funny, huh?

If we don't have humor, what do we have?

Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
The topic has been locked.
13 years 5 months ago #35109 by stan
Replied by stan on topic Post-Neobladder \"Real Timeframes\"
I am new on this site.
I am 1 1/2 years after surgery for removal of my bladder and prostate.
I am still not pad free during the day and night time is a misery. I am soaked.
Please tell me about the condom catheder if you can.
Also, where in New York City can I go for physical therapy for my pelvic floor muscles?
Has anyone had an artificial urinary sphincter put in?
Help! I am cancer free and grateful, but miserable with the incontinence.
Stan
13 years 5 months ago #34727 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Post-Neobladder \"Real Timeframes\"
Rich

You Lurker you! First Post, and a great one! Welcome. You made a very touchy issue very understandable. Nice!

From the looks of it you have been here before. Just looking. Now that you are writing. Keep it up. You have good advice to give and it is understandable.

Thanks

Goerge

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #34629 by rich7
Replied by rich7 on topic Post-Neobladder \"Real Timeframes\"
Interesting reading - so let me add my experiences. I'm over 3 years into a neobladder - and while I regained almost full control during the day - that never happened at night - and sexual function was elusive - except via injection. A not great solution since the injectable material has to be refrigerated - which makes travel difficult. So in my case I decided to have a dual procedure to "install" both an artificial urinary sphincter and a penal prosthesis (inflatable) in a single sitting (or more accuratly - laying). That was about 2 1/2 years after the original procedure when it became evident that full functionality was not going to come back. Bottom line - both systems actually WORK - I've had zero problems - and in the case of the prosthesis - it could be said that there are actual advanages over the natural process!!!
So - bottom line - potential loss of functionality should NEVER be a deciding factor when looking at bladder cancer (even the non-invasive kind that I had - for about 16 years before giving in to having my bladder removed).
13 years 6 months ago #34578 by michael305
Replied by michael305 on topic Post-Neobladder \"Real Timeframes\"
I am almost on my 2nd month and dont wear a pad during daytime. I sleep now about 6 hrs total and have to get up about 2-3 times to empty bladder. I am learning by reading in different forums how to better improve my situation and am very happy on my outcome so far.my question was about my little soldier and i am glad to hear withing 6 months he will be okay lol. I dont drink after 7 pm and hopefully i will be back at work after the 28 of oct when i meet with my urologist. I am happy to be alive even after having my bladder and prostate removed and having a neo bladder.
13 years 6 months ago #34491 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Post-Neobladder \"Real Timeframes\"
PJF

This is always a hot topic of conversation around the neobladder cooler. I have had my conversion 2 years now and even though it is not perfect, it is better than the alternative.

After surgery I was able to maintain "daytime" dryness after 4 months. I was careful about any "unprotected" physical activity (like weightlifting) as the exertion would and still does cause leakage if I'm not careful.

As for nighttime leakage; Houston we still have a problem. I am able to spend most nights dry, but then I seem to run into a spate of wet nights. The signals are certainly different than before and sometimes I have no idea that I am losing fluid. I try to limit fluids after 6pm, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I am one of those proverbial "leakers" I guess.

As for sexual activity. It has taken approx 1 year and 6 months to perform with confidence. Even now, 2 years out, I am still taking the pill as a confidence builder if I have a prior notice. I was sure after 1 year that I would never be able to perform again without a chemical aid, but IT gradually came back. Now it is different and not automatic, like before. But, I am still pleased with the progress.

The big thing about the healing process is not to put too much pressure on yourself. Goals are important but everyone heals at different rates so keep a good sense of humor about it all. It will all become a part of daily life. This is not a contest. If everything does not come back perfectly, don't give up on it. A body has a strange way of coming through adversity.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne