New neobladder frustration.

15 years 5 months ago #22081 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic New neobladder frustration.
Sharon,

Thanks. That's certainly encouraging. Guess my expecations were a bit too high on this one.

Mike
:unsure:

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #22078 by SharonD
Replied by SharonD on topic New neobladder frustration.
Mike

I had my surgery on the 18th of Sept, I also have a neo-bladder the first few days after the catheter was removed I also had no control. So it does take a while. I actually have my night time control then daytime now. My Doctor did say it would take awhile before I would be continent and to do Kegels as much as possible. 5 weeks after surgery and I now can hold it for 4 hours and now only wake up 1 time a night. Good Luck Sharon

15 years 5 months ago #22077 by mmc
New neobladder frustration. was created by mmc
Well, good news is I got the catheter out yesterday after my RC/neobladder surgery on 10/8/08.

Bad news is I seem to have no control whatsoever. The urine just "falls out" would be the best description. I sure was hoping for the "Gee I'm daytime continent" that I've read others have experienced. :(

Last night was the first night and I must have gone through 6 pads or so. I got up every couple of hours (set the alarm for three hours but I kept resetting it each time I would get up so it never actually went off). I'd try to go and I could get some out but not much. Half the time it would just dribble out. Coughing would help clear mucous and a bit more urine.

I know this stuff happens but it sure is disappointing. I'd been looking forward to catheter removal. I will keep doing the kegels and hoping this gets better. Presently, it sucks. :woohoo:
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne