Starting up my sex life...

16 years 4 weeks ago #15096 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Starting up my sex life...
Thanks for the direction to the mens issues Tim, my wife is more in tune to the forum, I missed this section, all good info, I guess we are all after the same thing. It really helps to hear others input, therefore putting your own plan to work for some normalcy to sex like we once knew it. Gene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15019 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic Starting up my sex life...
Leigh and Tim,
Thanks for generating the thoughts of the shots.
I meet with my surgeon for a full scan and such in mid April. I will talk to his "Sex" associtate about the shots.

Good Luck. May you have HARD times.

Rick

16 years 1 month ago #15016 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Starting up my sex life...
indeed leigh

the idea of sticking a needle into your penis isn't a pleasant one but as you have discovered, it's not so bad. I had the same fear. I also found that after the injection I was able to obtain erections without it for some time afterwards. hopefully you will have a similar response.

atb

tim

16 years 1 month ago #14955 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Starting up my sex life...
Hey Guys,

I had my appointment Friday with my Urologist to help assist with the first injection technique to gain an erection.

He started off with a very low dose and injected me at the base of my penis with a very fine needle. I had no pain at all although the needle had to be be firmly pushed in as it met with some resistence entering into the gorge cavity.

I was asked to go home and the erection would start immediately and be at it's peak within 15 minutes.... Once in the car the erection did take hold although not as strong as expected.

I will have to experiment now with the dose increasing each time until I gain a satisfactory erection. It was good to see life back in my penis after so long and wish I had started earlier.

It was pure fear that delayed this process which was a shame because it really is nothing at all and took literally minutes to prepare.

Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 1 month ago #14748 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic Starting up my sex life...
gotcha. thanks folks ;D

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

16 years 1 month ago #14742 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Starting up my sex life...
Just as a woman can reach a climax but doesn't ejaculate, so can a man who can no longer ejaculate. And since the prostate is generally removed with an RC, and the prostate is required for ejaculation, the climax has to occur without ejaculation.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne