Stage II bladder cancer

16 years 5 months ago #10002 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Stage II bladder cancer

Hi Peter, I am just newly diagnosed and can relate to your emotions, I am scared too and trying to deal with it. It is extremely stressful, my husband has been a rock. Reading this forum has been a great source of comfort too.

Good Luck
Maria x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9990 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Stage II bladder cancer
Peter,
If you would like to talk to Gene I will pm you his cell number ,,, OF COURSE THEY TOOK HIS PROSTATE, AND ALL LYMPH NODES THEY COULD SEE,, NO CANCER, RECOVERY FROM CANCER 80 PERCENT FOR LIFE,,,,check your personal messages...Ginger

16 years 5 months ago #9989 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic Stage II bladder cancer
Thanks Ginger,

Your post came at a good time as I was in the process of losing it. It gave me a renewed sense of what my priorities should be and I am trying not to obsess on the unknown. Thank you again for the advice and your concern. Good luck to your husband. I'll stay in touch.

PeterK

16 years 5 months ago #9987 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Stage II bladder cancer
Peter,
You are 67, my husband was 66, smoker for years, and diagnosed July 3rd, this summer, with Stage 3 T-2 muscle invasive, we to were scared to death, the waititng is the worst but it seems you are moving along quickly. He had no chemo no radiation, NO SIGNS OF CANCER ELSEWHERE.. hE ALSO HAS THE BAG,, NOT A PROBLEM, IT WORKS WELL, his bladder surgery was Sept. 14 th at the Cleveland Clinic, he stayed 6 days, his surgery was 6 hours, they have a laproscopic surgeon Dr. Gill, he removed Gene's bladder laprosocically , therefore only 4 slits rather than the 10 inch cut, then Dr. Campbll did the bag diversion. The first few days are rough, but not bad, getting the bowels going is the primary concern , they have a mind of there own after being asleep. it sounds like your wife is on board for all of this so not to worry, she just has to be there for you, and learn to change your bag, the stoma nurses are important, be sure to set up home visits for 6 weeks, twice a week, they will get you in the bag that is best for your frame and size. Gene lost 30 pounds total, he has gained back 15 of that, chocolate milk shakes, so the first few week are slow but you will see improvement every week, we are at week 7 out of surgery and doing most everything we did before. What scares you the most? and how can i help your wife? be glad you got it early, some aren't so fortuneate....what can we tell you to help? Ginger Beane

16 years 5 months ago #9983 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic Stage II bladder cancer
Thanks for your responses. To be frank, I am scared to death, but I am dealing with it. The diversion I am having will require a bag outside the body. The surgeon is very experienced.

16 years 5 months ago #9982 by marigold
Replied by marigold on topic Stage II bladder cancer
I agree with Patricia. Upon diagnosis, I went from 120 to 112. After an RC, I slipped down to 94. Upon recovering, my weight never went higher than 107. So do try to eat. You need the strength.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne