Wayne's Surgery Went Well

16 years 6 months ago #9233 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic Wayne's Surgery Went Well
Wonderful news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #9231 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Wayne's Surgery Went Well
I'm happy for Wayne that it's..over!He did it.
Wendy

16 years 6 months ago #9227 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Wayne's Surgery Went Well
Congratulations...just terrific news that the surgery went so well. So sorry you can't be there with him tonight but the morphine will be his best friend until you arrive in the morning.
Pat

16 years 6 months ago #9226 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Wayne's Surgery Went Well
Patty,
So happy everything went well. Now your on the otherside of that fear. Welcome to the recovery process. I thought about you all day. Please keep us informed! Hi to Wayne,,,Ginger Beane

16 years 6 months ago #9225 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Wayne's Surgery Went Well
May I be the first to say not only congratulations, but that I'm almost as happy and relieved as you must be!

Thanks for updating us.

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 6 months ago #9222 by Wayne
Wayne's Surgery Went Well was created by Wayne
Wayne has a new bladder!

They took him back around 12:25pm and they called out to the desk around 3:00pm to let me know that they were going to be able to do the neobladder! Praise God!
Dr. Schoenberg came out some time after 5:00pm, can't remember the exact time. He said everything went very well. He did not have to have a transfusion, the old bladder looked very good on the outside. He said the lab will be looking at it all week and will let us know something by next week. He said he thought the nerve sparing went well also! He did not have to go to ICU at all. They kept him in recovery for around 3 hours? maybe longer, mostly due to not having a room ready for him. They put him in the Marburg building, (IN A SEMI-PRIVATE ROOM). They said they had no other rooms available tonight and will try to move him to a private room tomorrow when they discharge some people????? Needless to say, Wayne and I both were very upset that we could not stay together tonight...but maybe tomorrow. But, the great news is that Wayne is doing very well! He has the drain tube coming from his abdomen and the foley cath and tomorrow they will get him up and start walking. Tonight he is licking on a sponge on a stick desperately trying to get his mouth wet. He has that little push button for pain medication. He said it was mostly his back hurting. He has to hold the pillow over his belly and try to cough every so often and move his feet around to keep the blood flowing and suck air through some little plastic thing. Those are his tasks for the night. I am staying with our friends here in Baltimore tonight and will rush as fast as I can back to Wayne in the morning. Today was the longest five hours of my life, waiting to see Dr. Schoenberg come through those doors. Praise God! Wayne is doing good.
Goodnight all, Patty

Age 45 * Electrician * Wife Patty 43 * Son Danny 23 *
Muscle Invasive High Grade

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne