Harry's surgery was successful

16 years 6 months ago #8781 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Harry's surgery was successful
This sounds almost to easy...but they gave me Gas X in the hospital...it did the trick. ??? Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8780 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Harry's surgery was successful
Margot, gas was my biggest pain as well. It didn't last long, but it was the most uncomfortable part of recovery from the surgery.

This, too, shall pass.

Pun intended.

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 6 months ago #8779 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic Harry's surgery was successful
Harry is doing ok. Still in Stanford Hospital. Has had some problems with a gassy stomach - and he threw up so he was back on an IV and then a liquid diet....now he's back to soft, although he threw up again in the middle of the night last night...not a lot though, and actually felt better afterward...He also has had a problem with his JP drain - constantly leaking around the place where it exits his body...then Wednesday it stopped draining!! It took all day for the doctors to decide what to do while trying to get it to start suctioning all day. They finally tried to irrigate it with no result and then they cut the bottle off and left 1-2 inches of tube and placed a stoma bag on his abdomen to catch the leaks around the tube. This has actully helped because he was constantly having to sop up the leaks with pads and towels. He is feeling better - unless the gas builds up. He has been able to get some gas out "the other way" but he keeps getting the gas trapped in his stomach...Hopefully, I'll be able to report we are home soon!

Margot

16 years 6 months ago #8712 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Harry's surgery was successful
Margot,

How is Harry doing? It has benn a week since his surgery right? Is he home yet? How are you handling everything? I know that everyone is asking about him, and I am sure that he is in good hands, because two of them happen to be yours, but be sure to take care of yourself too. This is a rough road we are all on...

In my thoughts,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 6 months ago #8571 by cathy
Replied by cathy on topic Harry's surgery was successful
Margot, so glad to hear that everything went well, thinking of you guys at this time, all the best.
Cathy

16 years 6 months ago #8539 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Harry's surgery was successful
Margot,
Glad to hear it!!! Tell your husband Gene and I are rooting for him. Here comes the jello, in all colors. But be not afraid, french toast is waiting in the wings. Love, Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne