New Caregiver with a Question

3 years 7 months ago #59751 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic New Caregiver with a Question
From your description of what was done and what the doctor said, I do not understand it either. I suggest that you or your father have a discussion with the doctor so that he/she can explain. Any time you do not understand exactly what the point of a doctor's discussion is you need to say "stop" and ask for clarification,.

Best to you and your father

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #59749 by Penny
New Caregiver with a Question was created by Penny
Hello everyone....

My father is 87 and was recently diagnosed with urothelial carcinoma high-grade. His prostate is also very enlarged. One ureter it totally blocked and that kidney as withered. The other ureter is partially blocked. Even with all this, he is producing urine.

My question if anyone knows....the urologist put a catheter in. He said that would tell him if it's his bladder or the plumbing. But I don't understand this. If he doesn't see the urine output or it's not measured, how is this any different than dad going on his own in the toilet? I am lost to understand this.

He also had a lung biopsy today to see if it's the same as the bladder cancer. And we're playing mother may I with the insur co fighting for him to get a PET scan. He's already had a bone and a CT scan.

Thank you for any info and bless you all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne