3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago#57782by Alan
Welcome. Directly to your question on hospitals: https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer. Just copy and paste the link. Hopefully, someone will chime in for a Virginia link. I also distilled this further for Virginia: https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/va
Second item. You really won't know what the actual diagnosis is until the second TURB and pathology is done. In all the years I have volunteered on this board I am often surprised with good and bad guesses!
Don't feel too bad on your Doc's TURB. Mine didn't get enough muscle on my first either but, I learned on high grade tumors a second is almost always done to be safe. So hold on to that thought and I know waiting is tough. All we can control is one day at a time. Keep posting once you get the pathology report. Someone will have been there and done that should see your thread.
DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
My husband had TURBT three weeks ago. The biopsies showed high grade non invasive cancer. We are able to get BCG, however the doctor didn’t get any muscle tissue in the biopsies. Yesterday he had a second TURBT to biopsy the muscle. The doctor was surprised and seemed almost sure it is in the muscle. I don’t know how he missed that with the first TURBT. I’m assuming a cystectomy is next and who knows what else if it is muscle invasive. I’ve read that sometimes chemo therapy is done prior to surgery. Anyone want to share their experiences? We live in Virginia. What centers are recommended?