Chemo questions

9 years 4 months ago #47817 by rike
Replied by rike on topic Chemo questions
Good Morning, was just wondering where you moved that one to, since we will be faced with the same questions this week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #47797 by breeze2001
Replied by breeze2001 on topic Chemo questions
Thank you so much Sara Ann for doing this for me.

9 years 4 months ago #47796 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Chemo questions
I moved your post to a place where I think more people who have answers to your questions may see it! Thought it deserved its own "thread."

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 4 months ago #47793 by breeze2001
Chemo questions was created by breeze2001
I apologize for replying to someone else's post, but I'm also new to this forum (have been on once before) and perhaps my questions can also help others with just starting this process.
I’m starting into my treatment process and would appreciate some help with decisions. I met with my Oncologist for the results of a pet-scan. So far, I’ve been very lucky in that the lump nodes aren’t affected and there is no evidence of metastasis. My tumor is classified as a T2. She said I’ll have to undergo kimo, but not radiation if I make the decision to have the bladder removed.
I’m meeting with the surgeon next Tuesday, Dec. 23 and will have the port put in the following Monday.
Can someone on the group please help with the following questions?
1) Is any particular type of kimo better than another type? My Oncologist said she wants to meet with my surgeon before deciding the type of kimo.
2) Is there some else I need to ask other than the tumor was a T2?
3) I’ve heard that through the kimo process, I have to watch my temperature and if it goes to 100.4, I have to get to the hospital immediately. Has anyone had this experience.
4) What is Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG)?
5) Should I consider having the bladder removed at this stage or wait???
I really appreciate the previous help I’ve received from this group. Any future help I can get with my questions would mean so much to me.
Thank you,
Breeze

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne