Seeking Support

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #47072 by Blackrock
Replied by Blackrock on topic Seeking Support
Hi Joe.
I had my bladder remove in September 1991. Was biking, swimming, running and working in Nov of that year. Will be 70 next month and still working as a land surveyor. Joe, the bag is not as bad as it may seem to you now. Very few people know I have it.
Think positive and it will work out for you.

Earl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #47071 by codocee
Replied by codocee on topic Seeking Support
George,
Thank you for responding. My urologist is recommending bladder/prostate removal with bag. He was referred by my primary physician. I live in Portland, Oregon and was thinking about going to OHSU Knight Cancer center to see about neoblatter but not sure which way to turn, but he is kind of pushing me to do his procedure. Can tell me what route you chose, why and your curent status.

Thank you for the support, I'm in serious need.

Joe

9 years 7 months ago #47070 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Seeking Support
Hello Joe
I am sorry to welcome you to our little support group. Wish you didn't have to be here.
I know that when the cancer thing is mentioned, it is a punch in the face for sure.
And You are facing a fight ahead, for sure.
I am sure your emotions are in turmoil, and that is VERY normal. Angst and depression are a normal reaction to the "c" word.

But You have to keep your focus UP. The fight is on!
First....... make sure you are at a facility where they KNOW bladder cancer. You need a Dr. that really specializes in bc. Not just any guy that has heard of bc.
You need an assembly line guy that has seen so much bc and has seen every complication and knows how to deal with it. And the hospital must be there for you too.

If you tell us where you live, there are people who can direct you to a great facility.

As for bladder sparing....... "Forget about it!" If that bladder has to go.... "Let it GO!!!"
I want you to live!

It is OK to have some major mood swings going on. I did! But the eye must be on the prize of living! I don't have my bladder anymore. Haven't had it for six years! And yet I still play golf, ski, drive a racing car and maintain a stressful job owning an automobile dealership. Life goes on! But you are going into a fight for yourself.... Don't worry about the fluff and drama. You want to LIVE! So do we.

Please come back anytime. We are here to listen to your anger, fear, worries, and general questions. It is OK to express anything here. That's why we do this.

Sincerely
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

9 years 7 months ago #47068 by codocee
Seeking Support was created by codocee
Hi,
My name is Joe, I am 59yrs old and I have been recently diagnosed with T2 muscle invasive bladder cancer. I am having trouble coming to grips with my diagnosis and am having many emotional issues like anger,denial,fear and a host of other feelings. I am feeling really hopeless when I look at the options I am given, particularly having a bag. I am seeing a oncologist very soon about the possibility of a chemo/radiation to spar my bladder. Just looking for support and any experiences others have had with either procedure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne