Mother 99 bladder cancer - Kidney maybe failing

10 years 11 months ago #44711 by Jmema
Ms.P. I know this must be very hard for you. No matter how old our parents are it never seems like we have them long enough. I hope she crosses over without a lot of suffering. She will be moving on to a place where she will not suffer another moment. I am sending you my prayers.
Blessings....Jean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #44710 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Mother 99 bladder cancer - Kidney maybe failing
Ms. P... I am so sorry about your dear Mother. It is so hard to see our loved ones in pain. Since she is under the care of hospice, the primary purpose of that is palliative care to keep her comfortable and to relieve her pain as much as possible. They are truly amazing people and can offer comfort to you as well as your Mom.

If it is still really bad, can you speak to her doctor about the meds prescribed to see if there are any other alternatives? Sometimes it is a choice between being completely medicated or being able to remain conscious and present with family who may be there with her.

Is she able to let you know her wishes as far as meds are concerned? It is often hard to find the right balance there. My heart goes out to you and your Mother at this very difficult time. There is no easy answer when we reach this point with our loved one. My best to you both...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

10 years 11 months ago #44708 by Ms. P
Hello, my mother was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2012 at the age of 99. She also has a heart mummer and heart is not beating properly. Hospice has been called She is so very weak and tired all the time. I hate to see her suffering and can not help. She was in severe pain and the nurse said her kidneys maybe failing. Can hospice provide more information on her condition or length of suffering? I am so confused and it hurt so bad.

Please keep her in your prays.

Ms. P

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne