Continued Back Pain

11 years 6 months ago #43251 by jaxmad13
Replied by jaxmad13 on topic Continued Back Pain
Hi Catherine! I appreciate your reply. He has had back pain for quite a while before the TURBT which we believe is because of the tumor. We thought it would go away and hasn't so when we go back on October 11th we will discuss it with the doctor once again.

I do think I am going to call Mayo Clinic to make an appointment for a second opinion just to give me peace of mind that the doctors at UIHC are doing everything they possibly can.

Thank you again Catherine, I really appreciate it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #43248 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Continued Back Pain
Hello Tammy... I am so sorry your husband continues to have such a difficult time. Has his back pain just been since the TURBT?

Unless he had prior back issues (injury, arthritis, etc.), I'm not sure why the TURBT would bring that on. You might ask about that bone scan at your next visit. I do hope the pain eases soon and he can find some relief.

I send my best wishes to you both that he remains strong and the chemo does its job so that he is able to have the surgery.

Take care...
Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 6 months ago #43220 by jaxmad13
Continued Back Pain was created by jaxmad13
My husband had his TURBT on July 19, 2012 and continues to have back pain to the point that he continues to take Oxycodone. When we go to our chemo appointments the doctor always asks how things are going and hubby always tells him that he continues to have back pain. When we ask him why this is he says it's probably because there is still tumor in the bladder. I have read in the doctor's notes, from his last appointment, that if the pain persists he will probably order a bone scan.

My question is did any of you continue to have the back pain and did it ever go away. I'm concerned that it hasn't shrunk and that it has spread to other parts of his body. He is having Cisplatin/Gemsitabine and will start his third round on Oct 11th. They have also lowered his chemo because of his counts and his creatinine level continues to be abnormal.

Once he has finished his third round he will have a CT scan and then hopefully have surgery to remove his bladder. I'm just afraid that the CT scan will show that it isn't shrinking and is spreading. I know we have to be hopeful and we are but this is just concerning.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Tammy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne