Radical Cystectomy

11 years 11 months ago #41968 by manxman
Replied by manxman on topic Radical Cystectomy
Hi Jack
As Mark says , it's normal to be worried and anxious ,this is a big change in your life.
You can't afford to let the anxiety take over .
On this site we are all on this journey at one stage or another and we have all gone through the depression, anger, anxiety .
But you will come through this because living life to the full is so important .
I was diagnosed earlier this year and was very scared at first but last night watching my eldest head of to their prom I realised what is important and think of my self as being so lucky.
You have to battle the voices inside you and keep positive for the family.
Many on this site have had this op and have come through to be a much stronger people.
Whishing you all the best for the next few weeks, keep in touch and we will offer as much support and advice as you need.

Kelvin

55 years young ,Diagnosed BC March 2012 Now coming up to 8 years cancer free and time to celebrate,Don't worry be happy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #41967 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Radical Cystectomy
Jack,

Only a fool lives with out fear. You are well with in your rights to have some fear of the unknown. But never let that little guy in you'r head paralyze you. Just let him run around in there screaming and yelling "It's the end of the world as we know it".

Then kiss that young little girl you married good-night, and get some much needed rest before the surgery starts.

Our prayers will be with you.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 11 months ago #41966 by jack1956
Radical Cystectomy was created by jack1956
Well, it's the night of 9 May and I am in the final pre-op phases of my preps for my Radical Cystectomy on 16 May. I just have one more visit before the operation with internal medicine. So far, everything looks good. Get admitted to the hospital on the 15th of May for the dreaded bowel cleansing before surgery. So not looking forward to that! At 6am on the following day, I will be wheeled down to the operating room and things will begin. My anxiety is really high at this point. I sometimes think I will just back out and forget doing anything but then I look at my wife of 36 years and my 5 children and 14 (soon to be 15) grandchildren and know that I can't back out. I'm so afraid of how I am going to cope with all the changes this is going to bring about in my life. Unsure how I will deal with the recovery from the major surgery and get back to normal again. Whatever normal will be for me is also a question and a fear. I have read the stories posted here and know deep in my heart that I can and will get through this but, it is just getting there that worries me so much. Anyway, I will post again as soon as I am able.... wish me luck!!!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne