Ben\'s Chapter One - Partial Cystectomy

12 years 1 month ago #41275 by MyChoice
Replied by MyChoice on topic Ben\'s Chapter One - Partial Cystectomy
Mark - good point, I changed the name! :) AND I hug my kids all the time and I noticed I tell them I love them many times a day now instead at bedtime.

Catherine - thank you for sharing your links. I'm trying not to get too excited about all this yet but it does feel good at the moment. When reading your early experience it's exactly how I have been feeling. I'm sorry you had to fly solo. I appreciate you passing on all this to me. I am so ready to get on with this. The worst part is all this waiting. I would really like to know what type chemo I will be given and for how long etc etc.

Thanks and have a great Sunday!!!!!

PC 7/2/12
T3a/N2/M0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #41271 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Ben\'s Chapter One - Partial Cystectomy
Hello Ben... I still read everything I can find on partial cystectomy and bladder adenocarcinoma tumors (rare <2%). There isn't much out there since I fall in that "rare" category.

The other day I found this article on the partial cystectomy procedure. It is quite thorough and was done primarily by doctors at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine. You may have to sign up for an account but it is free to do so. I found it very interesting reading. Thought you might as well. It may help you formulate questions for your next doctor visit.

emedicine.medscape.com/article/446101-overview

And here is a link to my first post on this site, nearly 8 months after my diagnosis. It describes my surgical experience. I went those first scary months solo which is not a good way to fly!

bladdercancersupport.org/component/kunena/3-newly-diagnosed-/34685-this-year-has-been-a-blur#34685&Itemid=134

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 1 month ago #41270 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Ben\'s Chapter One - Partial Cystectomy
Hey Ben. This should be called Chapter One.

Because I have a feeling and a sincere hope that this is going to be a very long and wonderful book about how you won the battle against BC. :laugh:

Remember to hug and kiss those dang kids. :P

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #41268 by MyChoice
Ben\'s Chapter One - Partial Cystectomy was created by MyChoice
Ok I just got back from meeting with Dr Bullock. He put a new twist on all this. He says because of where the tumor is located (in the top) I would be a good candidate for a PC. He recommends seeing the chemo doctors next week. Do another scope and take 3 biopsies to make sure the lower 2/3rds of the bladder is tumor free and when the chemo treats are done go in and take off the top third of the bladder. Two+ hour operation and 2 days in the hospital. If he gets in there and see's anything he doesn't like I could still end up with the RAC and neobladder.

Post surgery - scope every 3 months for 2 years and then on a 6 month schedule.

If a tumor comes back then RC with neobladder.

So all that got me in a spin and now I need to make a list of new questions but its worth a shot. He said very few people have tumors in that area so PC normally isnt an option.

Here I go on another weekend of research! Cheers

PC 7/2/12
T3a/N2/M0

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne