Still Looking For Consistency

12 years 9 months ago #38541 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Still Looking For Consistency
Hi Herb,
Have you tried talking with HOllister? They are pretty good at sending free samples to try and will work with you to find the best product for your skin. Give them a try.
www.hollister.com/
you can call them direct.
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #38537 by Herb
Still Looking For Consistency was created by Herb
Months ago I posted trouble I was having with skin eruptions of various kinds along with have trouble with bags not being consisent in their adhesiveness. Went to two stoma nurses remembering closest is 100 miles away another is 200 miles away. Well was able to get most all the skin cleared up but it does show minor scarring from all the sores of he past. Have tried most bags of the major manufacturers, knowing adhesive tape type I was allergic to.

Having and 'innie' definately causes some of the problems but sometimes convex will hold, if that fails then use addtional adapter ring but even it fails about every other time. Wife and I try to be consistent in our approach but when leaks persists have to try something else.

Maybe it is my age but sure get discouraged with inability to come up with consistency of bag adhesion. I have been told well if you have some imperfections in skin area it will lead to inconsistency of adhesion even with adapters.

The cost of these bags are not cheap and though my insurance covers them I worry --- I keep thinking there has to be a bag that will work, or some procedure that will work --- but so far every other, or every couple of times after bag staying on 3 to 4 days, we are back to square one.

Jimswife suggestions really did help months ago but still have too many leaks --- and I get the feeling this is not right since I do not hear others complaining. I will keep on googling and raising the issue --- I guess having stoma nurses close by would really help. Maybe my situation is normal but I am hoping that is not the case.

Certainly issue of remaining cancer free is major concern, leaking is just one of those nagging annoying happenings that I wish I could eliminate or at least have adhesion more consistent.

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne