HELP NEEDED AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #37800 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic HELP NEEDED AS FAST AS POSSIBLE
Dana... much depends on the policy of the hospital. In the US, our stays sometimes depends how long the insurance companies "allow" for various surgeries and a few more days in a hospital might have been desired.

Fifteen days may be the worst case scenario just so you come prepared. The surgery will be open surgery but I have not have a full cystectomy so I don't know as much about it as others here. You should hear from some of them soon. You might want to search the internet for "cystectomy procedure" and find more info about the operation in the meantime.

Best wishes...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37797 by Dana
HELP NEEDED AS FAST AS POSSIBLE was created by Dana
I have been posting quite a lot on the forum lately and reading as much as I can.
My husband is having a cystectomy next week. I just spoke to the doctor and he said our stay in hospital will be at least 15 days.
I have now started to panic a lot. Most of the people who have had this surgery say a stay or 7 days. I am now beginning to wonder what type of surgery it will be. I know it isn't robotics so I imagine laproscopic, is it possible that he is doing open surgery, I thought they don't do that anymore.
We live about 500km away from the hospital so it isn't something we talked about in detail with our doctor, we will be doing that Tuesday. I was actually thinking that our stay might be that long because we live so far away and the doctor doesn't want us going back and forth.
I am so scared that I am starting to believe that we won't get through this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne