Update on Jim and his BC

13 years 1 month ago #37060 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Update on Jim and his BC
Yes, indeed life has thrown us some really big curve balls but we have survived and that's what matters most, Mike. We are here!

I cannot thank you enough for your great suggestion to have cancer free zones and times during this. It has made a HUGE difference and I wanted you to know that. Frankly there are whole mornings or afternoons where we haven't talked cancer at all. Mind you the b**tard cancer is always lurking there in the recesses of our minds but we just ignore it and move on.

Speaking of moving. Once we get the great report we are praying for on Friday the plan is call the moving van and let's get 'er done! So, will let all know how the report is on Friday.

Thank you all for being such a HUGE support to me when I was so down and out I didn't know what to do! What an awesome group this is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #36946 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Update on Jim and his BC
You and Jim have both been terrific through everything you've had to face together. You are both very impressive people with great attitudes toward the nasty challenges that were thrown your way.

You have lots to contribute here and I hope that you continue to do so.

Through your posts and messages, I feel like I know both you and Jim. :)

Maybe someday you can get Jim to post his perspective on his story. I'm sure that it would be of tremendous help to others who face a similar challenge in the future. These posts stay around forever so it could even be years from now when something posted helps a newcomer or even an "oldcomer" with a recurrence/progression. While your story had a lot of concern for him and what he was going through, I'll bet his has a lot of concern for you and what you were going through.

You two are lucky to have each other your messages certainly imply that you both realize that and that is just so great!
I hope that you both continue to have each other for many, many years to come.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 1 month ago #36942 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Update on Jim and his BC
I am happy for both of you that the chemo is over. It's good to hear you sound so upbeat. Like I,ve said before, celebrate the now. Try not to fret about the next appointment.
Wishing you both the very best!
Duke

13 years 1 month ago #36915 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Update on Jim and his BC
Glad Jim's numbers are good! Our prayers will be with you for a good report on April 1.

Anita & Doug

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

13 years 1 month ago #36910 by jimswife
Update on Jim and his BC was created by jimswife
Hi, All, it's been about one month since I've written but there wasn't much new to write about. Jim completed his 6 months of post op chemo Gem/Cis on 2/24/11. The oncologist gave us some daunting numbers as to survival etc but we are confident that Jim will prevail and if not, we will fight whatever comes our way. Face it, when he was diagnosed he wasn't even supposed to be here now and well...he is! So, who knows for sure. Meanwhile, today was blood test day and all his numbers are going up where they should be. I wrote additional message that he continues to be anemic which he has been since his RC/IC. Other than that all the numbers are looking much better and that is just 3 wks post chemo ending. On 3/26/11 he goes for his post chemo CT and we hold our breath and pray a whole lot! We will get the results on April Fools Day! No kidding, Jim told the doctor why not? :lol: That's Jim. Thanks for being there everyone...it's been quite the journey and we are still on it but life seems so much sweeter now that we aren't tethered to chemo appts. Now it will be vigilance and followups! And praying that there will not be recurrance. Thanks again all you are an awesome group! I will continue to post where I think I may be of help as I recall how desperate I felt when I first found all of you and maybe I can help someone else!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne