Cancer Recurrence After Cystectomy

17 years 2 months ago #3639 by joanie
Replied by joanie on topic Cancer Recurrence After Cystectomy
So sorry to hear your sad news it must be very hard to deal with he fought a hard battle and sad he lost it my prayers are with you.
fallon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #3634 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Cancer Recurrence After Cystectomy
Benbos,

I am deeply sorry to hear of the sad news of your loss. Your father and I were the same age.
I hope you will take good care of yourself now and please come back and from time to time and talk to us.

Hugs and hugs,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 2 months ago #3633 by benbos
Replied by benbos on topic Cancer Recurrence After Cystectomy
I made the original post on this topic. it pains me to say it let alone write it but my father passed away last week :'(. As I said earlier the cancer returned and with it all sorts of other problems, clots, bowl obstructions, internal bleeding etc... it was too much for him, he fought as hard as he could but it turned out to be an unwinnable fight. I still don't believe it happened, this is something I don't think time will help me get over.

17 years 2 months ago #3617 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Cancer Recurrence After Cystectomy
OK Dotty...I'm Italian and i say get him out of a VA hospital and into Mass Gen....i liked my doctor here too but he was an idiot so thats not a good reason to stay with him....They are probably right with his age and heart condition and diabetes that a long surgery would be too hard on him.......but again and i emphatically say ..ITS WHERE YOU ARE TREATED AND BY WHOM THAT DETERMINES YOUR OUTCOME. .... Go to the best...you're right there.............I am now a very frustrated Italian!!.......Pat

17 years 2 months ago #3610 by boston_dotty
Replied by boston_dotty on topic Cancer Recurrence After Cystectomy
my hubby goes to the VA hosp in west roxbury ma . they have radiation but i will try to convince him to go to Mass general . but he's a stuborn italian .right now im trying not to panic until all tests are done but it's hard . im not telling the kids or grandkids anything until im perfectly sure whats going on . if you've ever seen the GODFATHER thats what my hubby is to the family .

17 years 2 months ago #3607 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Cancer Recurrence After Cystectomy
Hi Dotty,
I'm sorry you have to wait for another two weeks before you can really know what the next steps will be. Maybe it's still not too late to try the BCG+ interferon. If the cancer hasn't invaded past stage T1 that would be possible. Biopsies will show more.

You should ask your husband's doctor if it wouldn't be wise to get him over to Mass. General because of the possibility of getting radiation there. They have all the facilities and expertise. PErhaps if the doctor recommended it your husband would agree.

Wish I could think of something more helpful.
All the best,
Wendy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne