Recently diagnosed invasive, RC

14 years 1 month ago #30796 by Moglie
Recently diagnosed invasive, RC was created by Moglie
Hi all, just back from the hospital and following mum being told it was invasive, but had not broken through the bladder wall (CT scan confirms this).

Before I could really mention anything to mum, she said the consultant has said they want to remove the bladder. I think she was a bit worried how I would react, but I actually said I was pleased they were suggesting it and that with invasive this was the best way to handle things.

I told her that my husband and I would be there to look after her post-operatively, along with dad and my brother, she was very positive.

The hospital will now do a few checks on liver function etc along with an MRI to make sure nothing else is going on - they don't think there are, but they have to make sure, she will have her radical cystectomy in less than 3 weeks, which is excellent.

I know this is still serious and I know this is going to be a huge operation and life change for mum, but at least this gives her a better chance, more than keeping the bladder and then it spreading.

I'd be really interested to hear from you guys that have had RC, in particular how I can help my mum over these coming weeks and months.

Best wishes
Moglie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne