Hospital visit #2 in two weeks

15 years 6 months ago #21807 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Hospital visit #2 in two weeks
Hi Charlotte,
Sorry you are feeling so rough. Just wanted to let you know I·m thinking of you and hoping they get the combinations good for you as soon as possible. I know its really hard when you have been used to being very active to feel so weak, but you must give your body time to recoup and rest when it tells you to.
Take care, Flamenco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #21806 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Hospital visit #2 in two weeks
Webs, this is the exact same thing that happened to Doran....but he fell and broke his jaw when he got dizzy. That stuff is pretty potent, isn't it? When you combine the chemo with the coumadin, you don't know what to expect.

Be sure to get another blood level check tomorrow, and see if you need another transfusion...Doran got three units over two days. You may hate the hospitals, but they got the stuff you need.

Do you plan to get a blood level check frequently after your next chemo? Keep an eye on it, girl. Your hemoglobin was even lower than Doran's and they wanted to put him in the ICU! (I told them nothing doing and put him in the local hospital, where he got better, calmer, quieter care).

And it creeps up on you without you noticing, too. You just gradually go downhill, and suddenly you're at the bottom, looking up, wondering what happened. Keep checking, and let us know what you find out.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 6 months ago #21805 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic Hospital visit #2 in two weeks
Glad to hear after the transfusion, you are feeling better. Also glad to hear that you are almost done with the chemo. Doesn't it feel good to see the "light and the end of the tunnel" and that the treatments will be over soon? I know Harry felt that way as he was in his last round of Gemzar/Cisplatin. It wasn't an "instant recovery" after his last treatment, but being done did feel good! His last dose was in mid February, within a month or so he was feeling much better and back to work full time in April and he's doing well now. Best wishes for your final round and prayers for a speedy and full recovery. Margot and Harry

15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #21804 by TheWifeAgain
Replied by TheWifeAgain on topic Hospital visit #2 in two weeks
Oh my......no wonder you have been feeling exhausted and all those other things!

I have experience with having a low potassium level and it really is tough on your body. It affects all of your muscles including your heart;) My low level was not related to everything your body is going through. I can't imagaine having chemo and everything else going on at the same time.

Take good care and hopefully they will watch that potassium level.

Age 53 Currently
Bladder Cancer Diagnosis October 2006 T1G3
2011 Finally made it 6 month between Cystos
8/22/2011 Cysto in the OR
(BCG and BCG Maintenance over the years)
Graduated to yearly Cystos
Tumor found at first one year Cysto - TURBT 4/26/2013
Kidney pain - CT scan 5/1/2013

15 years 6 months ago #21801 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Hospital visit #2 in two weeks
Oh Char...i'm so sorry...no wonder you were dizzy and out of breath with a hemoglobin that low. Are they checking that INR every week? Really depending on what you eat or don't eat it can drastically change everything.
Sending positive thoughts your way.......((((( ))))..........Pat

15 years 6 months ago #21795 by Webs
Hospital visit #2 in two weeks was created by Webs
I have not felt good since my hospitalization 2 weeks ago. I have been exhausted, dizzy, listless, and out of breath.:S The doctor and nurses were not concerned because all my blood blood levels continued to be fine. Monday they called and told me to discontinue the coumidin for 2 days because my INR levels were to high. They also ordered up 3 days of potasium because my potasium was really low. Yesterday I went for a doctor's appointment and they checked my blood again. Doctor came in the room and said I needed to go straight to emergency. Apparently my RBC was 6.3. I needed a blood transfusion.:ohmy: I am beginning to really hate hospital's. I convinced them to release me after the transfusion and got out of the hospital at 1:00am. Today is the first day in two weeks that I was able to come down my stairs without losing my breath and getting dizzy.

Next week is the last of my double dose chemo Cis/Gem. The week after that is a single Gem and then they will be done pumping poison into me. Then I can concentrate on getting better and moving on. I am so tired, but looking forward to being done.

Thanks for letting me rant,

Webs:kiss:

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne