Sister having RC, please help

15 years 7 months ago #21473 by Barbw
Sister having RC, please help was created by Barbw
MY SISTER IS SCHEDULED FOR A RC IN ABOUT A WEEK She is so scared and needs some positive feedback from people who have been through the various proceedures. She is scheduled to get the neobladder. I would love to hear from people who have had the neobladder and those who have had the Indiana. I will pass on to her your words of encouragement. She is a wreck and your words will be healing to me as well. She is 64 years old. She is a retired school teacher. She has done high impact aerobics 5 days a week for the last 25 years so is in great physical shape for the shape she is in. The doctors are amazed that she has had Thyroid cancer and had her thyroid removed. She had breast cancer and beat that. She had uterine cancer and had surgery for that. She now has bladder cancer and went through treatments and then the type showed up that can go through the wall and now is faced with RC. The doctors are amazed that these are all separate cancers, not the spread of one type. This last one has just about finished her mentally which is so understandable. She is so torn on whether to do the neobladder or the Indiana so your feedback is so important right now. I know she will want to continue her aerobics and need to know which proceedure would be better for someone very active. Do any of you know... if you are not happy with the neobladder can they change it to the Indiana? Thank you in advance for your help. This is such a wonderful service. Thanks, Barbara
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne