Another dilemma

15 years 8 months ago #20581 by balihigh
Replied by balihigh on topic Another dilemma
Peter,
Found out yesterday that my appointment is at 8:30. I figure it is going to be a pretty long one since we haven't gone over anything about the surgery. I got a packet from UPS today with lots of reading material. My homework is cut out for me the next few days. Reality is setting in as my nerves have been on end all week.

We are renting a car and have no intentions of taking the motorhome anywhere near the city. My husband is still struggling with thoughts of even driving a car in the city. I know you can hire a private driver and they maybe our best bet when I get out of the hospital.

Let me know what you are wearing or some identification. I am a small, blond hair woman and I wear glasses. My husband's hair, what he has, is gray and he wears glasses too-about 5'8" and 150 pounds. Hope that helps. It would be fun to meet you and your wife.
Nancy & Gene

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20493 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic Another dilemma
my appt is for 10:30 w/doc...will have to figure out a sign so we can find each other.
train station is 20 blocks away from hospital..dont believe theres ANY parking for motorhomes in city
doc,s make runs at 6am..so hes going to have to get up early
if i(or tammie) can help with othet questions , please write or call
peter

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

15 years 8 months ago #20491 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Another dilemma
Hello fellow North Caolinian....What a great idea to bring the motor home! NJ in the late summer/early fall the weather is actually quite pleasant...

Please keep in touch!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 8 months ago #20490 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Another dilemma
Balihigh,
It takes time for it all to sink in, I didn't want to hear it either, I kept hoping someone had made a mistake. Once I got to the Cleveland Clinic I thought they would tell me, theres been a error in your stage, it is a shock, I came to grips with it, jumped in with both feet, and had the r/c. Now I am cancer free, I go Sept. 20th for one year mark. You'll be fine, and not have the stress of worrying about where it is our has it spread..you took care of all of that....Gene

15 years 8 months ago #20487 by balihigh
Replied by balihigh on topic Another dilemma
Doctor's office called and my surgery is scheduled for Sept. 5. My appointment with Dr. Bochner is the 27th. Peter, can I look for you there?

Last Friday the date was Sept. 19. I don't know if they moved it up because they think I may bow out or what. I now have lots to do to get ready as we will leave this Sunday since we are taking our motorhome. We have found a park in New Jersey that is only 43 miles from the city. I think I can recuperate better in my own place rather than a hotel room. There is a train station nearby so my husband can take it rather than drive in to visit me. We will have our car also and my kitties can come too. I couln't bare to leave them at a kennel for 4 to 6 weeks because I am assuming that we will need to be there for quite a while.

Actually moving up the date is good for me. I won't have to worry about it so long.
Balihigh

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #20480 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic Another dilemma
thank you for making a tough deciison
if i/we can help please just ask.
its a great hospital and wonderful , supportive staff
peter
ps..seeing doc on 27th to have stables my removed

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne