Another dilemma

15 years 8 months ago #20477 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Another dilemma
Bali,

I know it was a hard decision, but I beleive that you have made the right choice. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Your friend,
Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20475 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Another dilemma
Bali,

I am releived you are recognizing the gravity of this situation. Hard as it seems - you can live with an RC :) We'll help, God Bless, Holly

15 years 8 months ago #20473 by balihigh
Replied by balihigh on topic Another dilemma
I guess you guys have shook me back to reality. My husband and I have spent the entire weekend reading about bladder cancer on the internet. Of course you are right. I must have the surgery. I now understand what Dr. Bochner was saying. My long term survival is much getter if I have the RC now than if I wait and it is invasive into the muscle. What I heard was-No cancer found. That was my dream and I had to wake up. All of you might say that you saved a life today. My thanks although I still have to gear up for the surgery. I will call tomorrow to confirm my surgery appointment. It was scheduled for Sept. 19. I will see if it is still open.

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #20469 by Patricia

15 years 8 months ago #20455 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Another dilemma
Bali,

I've been giving your situation a lot of thought.

This morning, I googled "recurrence T1 G3 with BCG" and the first thing that appeared (VOILA!) was a 5/2007 slide show presentation by Dr. Lamm. These slide shows are hard to interpret without the corresponding presentation, but the main ideas can jump off of the page in a very concise way. The slide show addresses your problem, but, Dr. Lamm puts some question marks in there, so it is even harder to interpret.

Still, Dr. Lamm has done some great research and he is the man.

If it were me in your situation...(and I'm probably not too far behind)...
I would write to Dr. Lamm and get his opinion.

Here is the link to his web site where you can pose your question. He has kindly replied to me twice with my own queries....

www.bcgoncology.com/drlamm/askdrlamm.html

Here is the link to the slide show presentation

www.bcgoncology.com/physicians/TCCF20070522.pdf

T1 G3 is such a dangerous disease because it can go either way. The fact that you have had multiple tumors, recurrence, and that the BCG has "failed", puts several different slants on your individual situation.

Take care. You are on my mind.

Your friend,
Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 8 months ago #20454 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic Another dilemma
having just gone thru RC with dr bochner..i highly recommend you take his advice and have the operation..as others have said "he doesnt say operate" without very good reason.i found to to err on side of
caution.
i know its not what you want..but please remember..we're talking about your life !!
any questions please write or call..yes its that important
peter doyle 702-278-4447
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne