Urine dipsticks

15 years 11 months ago #16927 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Urine dipsticks
Hope someone weighs in Sarah on that issue...i've just not heard of it. I've noticed the difference in follow up care also...wonder if it hasn't something to do with a National Health Care System vs. a Private insurer...though the private insurers are getting pickier and pickier over here.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #16923 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Urine dipsticks
Hi Pat

Thanks for that, no urinalysis other than cytology (once in two years eek!)has been done. My specific question was whether anyone knows if the dipstick tests are used, ie Multistix from Bayer or something like that?
I am always disappointed when I read the forum to see just how much more thorough your tests are in the US than the UK.

15 years 11 months ago #16922 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Urine dipsticks
I'm surprised the clinic does not do routine urinalysis on the neobladder. I don't know about using dip sticks for blood as this is the first time i've seen it come up...but i get a urinalysis about 3 times a year to make sure i'm not harboring any wierd bacteria....(I have an Indiana Pouch but made of same segments as neo)

tinyurl.com/5c37hs

Pat

15 years 11 months ago #16918 by Sarah
Urine dipsticks was created by Sarah
Hi

I have a neobladder (2006), and wondered whether anyone uses urine test sticks to check their urine for further haematuria? I've been for several check ups but the clininc doesn't seem to do routine urine tests, is there a reason not to use test dipsticks on urine stored in a neobladder as opposed to a normal bladder?
Thanks
Sarah

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne