dvt

16 years 2 months ago #13772 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic dvt
Hi Stephany, sorry to hear of this setback. Weather sounds awful! You need some Florida sunshine!
I had a nephrostomy 2 weeks ago, the reversal is being done when I have the RC end of of May.
I too was wondering if you and your husband were ok as we have not heard from you for a while. Can't answer your questions, just wanted to wish you both well.
Take care. Maria xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13769 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic dvt
Stephanie....just wondering...they are going to monitor him for the proper warfarin dosages aren't they? When i had my DVT i was in the hospital so i received 7 days of heparin IV and then on coumadin for 6 months and i was monitored on a weekly basis to make sure i was on the right dosage. During that time i could not have any kind of dental work or any kind of surgery so i'm wondering about his appt. in March? Have they given you a time line with this? Pat

16 years 2 months ago #13756 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic dvt
Yes, it was 25 mph most of the way, over roads like washboards from ice that had melted and refrozen, and then the snow blowing the drifts across.

Anyway, he is on a shot, which he gives himself, called Lovenox, and Warfarin. He does the shots until his Warfarin levels are up to therapeutic dosages. I've been online doing research, and told him that he'll just have to give up eating turnips greens and kale. (That's a joke folks....he wouldn't eat either one if I fried them!). He's got his ted hose on, and his leg elevated, and the next time he asks me to fetch him something, he'll get it himself. Just for the exercise, you understand!

Margot...Harry will finish tomorrow, right? Good luck to you both. We'll be thnking about you tomorrow. From under the covers. It's double digits below zero for wind chill right now. The dogs are NOT happy.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 2 months ago #13755 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic dvt
Hi Stephany - So sorry to hear of this latest set-back and postponment of the last chemo treatment. I was just thinking I hadn't heard from you in a while...now I know why... Glad you were able to get to the ER, even though it took so long in the horrid weather. Sounds like you've done what you need to. You know you and Doran are in our thoughts and prayers. Margot and Harry

16 years 2 months ago #13753 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic dvt
Stephany, your trip sounds like a grueling adventure but very necessary. Sorry about the DVT. I hope it soon dissolves. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

16 years 2 months ago #13751 by Stephany
dvt was created by Stephany
Hey, all! Hello from snowy, blowy Iowa. We just got back from a 10 hour trip to the ER (which should have taken 5 hours, except for the ice, snow, etc), and my husband now has a deep vein thrombosis. He's on the shots and the pills until the pills (Warfarin) build up enough.

Any other suggestions? (outside of what I've already done, which is take him to task about not exercising at all. Didn't help him, helped me feel better, though).

Tomorrow would have been his last chemo. We've got surgery set for March 12 to reverse the nephrostomy.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne