First round chemo done and dusted...but fold in neo

16 years 2 months ago #13648 by Gene Beane
Leigh,

Your just full of news, I was hoping that it was just about the chemo but it seems you have other issues. I too have not heard of a folded neo, but you will soon find out. Sorry you have to have a poke and peak as enough is enough you know!
Things will work out, let us know whats up with the neo, take it easy, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13642 by Leigh
I am so thankful that the first round of chemo went well with little side effects. The third week’s dose was reduced because of low blood platelets.

Luckily the only noted side effects were that of tiredness the day after each session and headaches and chills. I still have my hair to everyone’s surprise but anything could happen with the next round I guess.

The second round of chemo has been delayed one week because my white blood cell levels were too low.

Lately I have noticed that it has become increasingly difficult to urinate and the stream is very weak. An echo scan was taken and the radiologist found a 2cm mass in the neo bladder.

A visit to the Urologist was set up for yesterday and he tried unsuccessfully to insert a catheter as the hole at the neck of the bladder is too small.

I am waiting now for a call up at the hospital to have a peak and poke so that my urologist can check out the mass and open up the entrance to my bladder which will be done under general anaesthetic.

The radiologist said that it was not a solid mass as it moved and changed form and he thinks it is a fold in the neo bladder.

My urologist disagrees and has not seen this before in any of his neo bladder patients which is slightly worrying. He will repair anything he can when he knows what he is dealing with.

It will be a one night stay and I probably will come home with a catheter for a few days. This is because I am presently on chemo and the healing will take longer.

Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne