Hello everybody from Marie

16 years 2 months ago #13427 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Hello everybody from Marie
Marie, We haven't spoke before, I just wanted to relay I am happy for you, your surgery going well and your on the road to recovery. My husband has the outside bag as well, it does take time to accept it, he has had his since Sept. 14th. Stay well and walk slowly to recovery..Ginger Beane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13426 by marie
Hello everybody from Marie was created by marie
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know I am finally back on line - RC surgery was 3 weeks ago today, and Cynthia did post a note for me a couple of weeks ago (God Bless you, Cynthia). I have been thinking about everyone on this forum and praying for you all. I've spent the last 2 hours reading all the posts.
I'm doing ok - fairly weak, but I think things are moving in the right direction. I went outside for a short walk yesterday, as it was milder here in Toronto, but we have had about 50cm of snow this week, so I didn't go far. The surgery went well but I did have to have a blood transfusion both during and after the surgery. I chose the external pouch, and while it will take a psychological adjustment, I think it will be ok. I was happy with my surgeon, Dr. Michael Jewett at Toronto General Hospital, and the care was good. I'll get the path report in a couple of weeks, but the doctor was very optimistic.
Everyone here on the forum is so supportive and helpful, and I appreciate it so much. I am continuing to pray for everyone here.
Chin up and straight forward...Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne