Carolyn I think i making progress

16 years 3 months ago #12203 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Carolyn I think i making progress
glad you are doing good, I am 14 days post op. the next 7 will really make a diferance for you. Getting the digestive system to work rite is a big chalenge. But we can do it. Don

Hanging in there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12193 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Carolyn I think i making progress
Carolyn,

Sounds like you are on the road to recovery...I don't have any advice for you, but at 3:00 AM I wanted you to know that you are not the only one who cannot sleep.

Here's to a great New Year, and a Cancer free Path Report!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 3 months ago #12192 by carolyn king
Carolyn I think i making progress was created by carolyn king
my 7th day post op an at 3 in the mornng walking like i did years ago when i was trying to have my first baby. I picked a good sugeron and so far the first 24 hours was great had an inter ulumbar thing and pain free for 16 hous.
then the pump.
as soon as I startedtakimt the pain meds it got better.I thinkthe pump is 5 minutes of help adn 2 hours of waiting.How bowelsoounds the 4 the day bet started pasing gas the 5 and 6 day.
walking is what help. My faimily iss great.never left eme.Mostly need help to get up to walk ad bag to bed.Dr. Koch did a fast one even with a full hyst.Said i had the perfect anatomy for it. The incision is from just below my belly button to right above the hoo ha. I had a foley catheter and two stents into the ureters, which were pulled yesterday....which did not hurt. I have one jackson pratt drain, and found out the more the drain drains the faster the bowels wake up. Pain is manageable now. Mostly its the gas pain that is causing the pain. I will probably be going home in the next day or two, so I will keep you updated. P.S. Won't find out about biopsy until tomorrow.
To all of you out there, you made such an impact in my journy
Love
Carolyn

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne