Carolyn King Surgery Update-few question re:pain after neo

16 years 4 months ago #12109 by El
Hello Tiffany, I had my surgery March 2, 2007 and I was lucky enough to have a caring daughter like you are. She stayed with me and helped me through this difficult time. I still am asking her questions regarding the hospital stay.

Yes I was also on the morphine pump, looking back I wish I had gotten off that and had the oral drugs. The morphine made my mouth so dry and they didn't want me to swallow anything, I would wet my lips and tongue and spit out the fluid. I will offer up prayers for you guys today. Sincerely, Ellen

trying to learn how to take one day at a time.
RC March 2, 2007
Memorial Sloane Kettering Hospital

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #12108 by tiffany
Hi. I just wanted to let everyone know on the forum how my mother (Carolyn King) is doing. She had a RC with neo at IU by Dr. Koch on Dec. 26. The surgery lasted 3 hours. The first night was great due to an epidural. But she is having a lot of pain. She is still on the Morphine pump (Post-op day 4). Is this normal???? She is so painful yet I don't think she needs so much narcotics. She is groggy. She is still NPO with no bowel sounds and no passing of gas. When did you get off the PCA pump and start oral medicine? Did you feel like it controlled your pain better? She is up a few times a day walking and sitting in the chair.

Thank you all for the support you have given to my mom. I know she wouldn't have been able to deal with her BC diagnosis without you guys!!

Any advise and/or comments about your hospital experience is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Tiffany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne