Bladder replacement options

16 years 5 months ago #10987 by Duane
Bladder replacement options was created by Duane
I first posted on the non-invasive( my tumor was 1/3 the size of my bladder,high grade -agressive) My Doc (Doctor Scott Pike of Urology Of Indiana)talked to me yesterday about the results after getting the stent replaced and the path. report.Path. showed more cancer around the opening to the left ureter. First detected in March 07 he told me then with my tumor being high grade my bladder should come out. I asked if there was a chance to save it .My Doc agreed to try. I went for a second opinion to the Indiana University med. center in Indianapolis, saw Doc. Foster who worked on the development of the Indiana bag. He said that he agreed with Doc Pike and his plan to try to save my bladder.He cautioned me that high grade agressive tumors are likely to come back . It took two times to get all of the tumor.I had BCG and all was well untill we got the stent through my left ureter which was blocked by scar tissue.Stent replacement and Path. report showed Cancer out around the ureter opening.This is where i'm at now,trying to deside what diversion is best. SORRY I'm skipping around so much, I'm Just confused about my options. The exterior bag looks to be less maintance but with the higher risk of kidney infections.
Now the Indiana bag looks to be a better option after getting use to it. I'm so confused because I don't know what I want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne