BOB IS HOME- 4TH DISCHARGE THE CHARM??

16 years 5 months ago #10901 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic BOB IS HOME- 4TH DISCHARGE THE CHARM??
I am happy he is home, what a long road he has conquered. I will refrain from advice as my source of expertise is all about poop, prune juice, bladder bags, and chocolate milk shakes, thats the best of the bunch. Now I am on to the heart, low readings high readings, pulse rates, I liked the poop better, an easier fix.
Good luck this time, keep him comfy cozy,
Ginger Beane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10891 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic BOB IS HOME- 4TH DISCHARGE THE CHARM??
OK, I found it on Amazon.....I'm always a sucker for new cereals. I ordered some. I've wanted to try flax seed, and now here's my chance.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 5 months ago #10888 by Stephany
Red River? I haven't tried that yet. I'll have to look it up. I actually use Roman Meal (I order it off the internet because we live in a small town), and I mix it half and half with oatmeal, add honey and chopped nuts.

My husband does NOT like the flavor of oatmeal, but it works.

Thanks for the tip! I used to think that just oatmeal would do it (works for me), but he loves his Docusate.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 5 months ago #10887 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic BOB IS HOME- 4TH DISCHARGE THE CHARM??
Thank you- yes, we have a basket full of laxatives,stool softeners & suppositories. Also, I am making smoothies containing ground flax seed & making hot cereal for his breakfast (Red River- high in fibre). So far so good- he has been home nearly 3 whole days now. The nurse is coming every day for awhile to check vitals etc. He has been doing some walking to try & get some muscle back. He weighs 139 as of yesterday (that's up a little). We won't get the results of the lung biopsy for awhile. that's the update for today- Lorrie

16 years 5 months ago #10881 by Stephany
And don't forget Dulcolax (Docusate, or other names). When my husband began taking it regularly (twice a day), he got great relief.

Good luck!

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 5 months ago #10854 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic BOB IS HOME- 4TH DISCHARGE THE CHARM??
Lorrie,

I am so glad you have him home! Keep us posted...The Glycolax I mentioned in another post is a great "Loosing agent"...I think it is more of a softener, than a laxative, and it is also milder...causes no cramping. You mix it with any drink once a day.

Lots of Luck to you all,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne