Cancer? Nutrition? Sugar?

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #39960 by Allan
Replied by Allan on topic Cancer? Nutrition? Sugar?
I personally have abandoned my old ways of eating. No more caffeine, caffeine can cause urging and irritate an already irritated organ. I drink decaffeinate green tea now,

I don't smoke or drink.

I have made it point to eat a diet rich in nutrients found in colorful fruits and vegetables. And I eat allot now.

No junk food, no processed food, or as little as possible.

A diet rich in protein, less the fat, Whey protein concentrates Blended with blueberry's or other organic fruit extracts instead of milk for breakfast to start the day.

I eat much smaller meals but more of them.

I snack on a variety of nuts (from bulk) mixed in with dehydrated cherry's, cranberry's, raisins in the form of a home made trail mix sticking with the better for you nuts.

IMHO, I have lost 25 pounds in 8 weeks and my blood pressure is dropping, I have more energy and don't go into food overload.

Just common sense stuff. High fiber breads and cereals.

If your going to have cancer, you should be healthy, your own body can do wonders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39944 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Cancer? Nutrition? Sugar?
My thoughts - Quote "Cancer thrives and multiplies on sugar".
No, yeast thrives and multiplies on sugar.And conmen (aka writers and promotors of literature about "miracle diets") thrive and multiply on the backs of vulnerable people and particularly cancer victims. I am sure your friend sent you the information with all the best intentions. I am sure that a healthy, varied diet ( which may include a lower sugar intake than some western diets tend to contain) helps your body to maximize its fight against cancer. I am also sure that I have more faith in the correctly researched findings of true experts in the field of cancer, than in some self-professed "expert" who comes out with such an unscientific statement as that quoted above.
Diane

12 years 6 months ago #39943 by rbmc
Cancer? Nutrition? Sugar? was created by rbmc
After being advised of my BC plight, a friend sent me info via email from a Nutriton/Cancer Handbook. The biggest emphasis? Throw away your sugar. Don't eat sugar or products containing sugar. Cancer thrives and multiplies on sugar. This thought seems to be based on PET scan studies. But the American Cancer Society, and the Mayo Clinic, both dispute these statements. What are your thoughts or personal experiences on the sugar theory?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne