Increased risk of esophogeal cancer

12 years 9 months ago #38597 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Increased risk of esophogeal cancer
Interesting article, Pat. I took both Fosamax and Boniva due to low bone density tests showing a need to take something to increase my bone density. It caused such horrific heartburn and reflux that I finally stopped taking it when my doctor advised me to take prilosec. I looked at him and said, "so, I take the boniva due to the fact my bones are less dense due to having been on thyroid for year and that caused my bones to get less dense and now I will need to take something to counter the side effects of the Boniva? I think I might just take some tums with extra calcium and toss in an extra cup of yogurt each day."> He smiled at me! I've never looked back and saved considerable $s on the meds to boot. I may end up with a fractured hip in my older age but well...what can I say? I know esophageal ca is not a pretty cancer to have. Carla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #38568 by Patricia
Increased risk of esophogeal cancer was created by Patricia
Fosamax (alendronate), Actonel (risedronate), Boniva (ibandronate), Atelvia (risedronate delayed release), Didronel (etidronate), and Skelid (tiludronate
FDA alert on all of these drugs as potential for causing esophogeal cancer.
I think i'll have a cigarette!!
www.drugs.com/fda/oral-osteoporosis-bisphosphonates-safety-communication-potential-increased-risk-esophageal-cancer-13003.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne