DYNAMIC new therapy for the elderly with invasive

12 years 9 months ago #38604 by Kathleen_T
Replied by Kathleen_T on topic DYNAMIC new therapy for the elderly with invasive
Oh, please do. It seems like such an elegant solution.

— Kathleen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #38599 by jimswife
I worked for 20 years with a group of radiologists who specialized in interventional radiology which is what would be the subspecialty for this sort of procedure. It truly would not require at least at first blush special equipment beyond what is in an vascular lab. I will send the article to one of the docs I worked with and see what he has to say. BTW, this group brought a procedure into the hospital for uterine fibroids that might offer some patients not having to have a total hysterectomy for uterine fibroids. It worked on a similar basis as this treatment for bladder cancer. Stangled the fibroids by blocking the blood supply. Seems on the surface that this might be ann option for BC as well in some instances. Will let you know if and what I hear about this. Carla

12 years 9 months ago #38551 by Kathleen_T
Replied by Kathleen_T on topic DYNAMIC new therapy for the elderly with invasive
I showed this paper to an oncologist today, and he was impressed with the outcome stats, and thought the procedure would not require special equipment or ultra-special skills. I left the printout with him. Who knows? Maybe that’s how new effective procedures become available.

— Kathleen

12 years 9 months ago #38550 by Patricia
got a short reply from the head of oncology at USC/Norris regarding this therapy
"Yeah, quite cool...but I ran it by our GU Onc Director and he felt very leery about chemo with hemodialysis!
Tough process!"
Guess they're not ready yet??
pat

12 years 9 months ago #38540 by BillM
Nothing really new in this country treatment wise, just making what works even better. Grants, FDA approval for studies, and doctors looking at the Gold Standards we have. Every doctor seems to have differing opinions on these studies being done outside the US. It will be interesting to hear what your doc says Pat. Seems like chemo drugs/stageIV and finding the precursors the highest grades were trending last year study wise.

5.24.10 Final staging T2G3 7.28.10 Started Gemcitabine, Cisplatin neoadjunctive chemotherapy
11.2.10 RC with NEO 11.18.11 First year CT shows possible liver tumor
12.8.11 Confirmation of TCC BC mets to the liver 6.27.12 Final round of Dose Dense MVAC
7.26.12 Final scans showed no tumor or no...

12 years 10 months ago #38533 by Kathleen_T
Great idea. I am going to bring it up with my oncologists (and any I meet in the future).

— Kathleen

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne