HOLY BATMAN..READ YOUR LABELS

12 years 10 months ago #38471 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic HOLY BATMAN..READ YOUR LABELS
I see you've taken Cynthia's recommendation on headlines to heart! :)

It works!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #38462 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic HOLY BATMAN..READ YOUR LABELS
unfortunately right now i'm on warfarin which is a blood thinner so NO aspirin for me..or garlic..or much Vitamin K..do you have any idea how much K is in green tea???TONS....Ginger a blood thinner......
anyway i rarely take a Tylenol except with the headaches i'm getting from the warfarin!!!
You have no idea how much i'm craving a huge green salad!!!(loaded with Vitamin K)........ :S
xxo pat

12 years 10 months ago #38457 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic HOLY BATMAN..READ YOUR LABELS
Good advice, Pat. I do not like acetominophen....I have seen what it does to the livers of rats. With a lot of drugs, you get an overdose, and if they get to you in time and wash it out, you are OK. NOT with Tylenol...it just chews up the liver. Plus, for me, it just doesn't work.

I am always surprised (why, I don't know) at the number of people who think Tylenol and aspirin are the same thing. NOT. Tylenol may reduce pain and fever, but it is not an anti-inflammatory. Will do nothing for inflammation.

SA

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 10 months ago #38454 by Patricia
HOLY BATMAN..READ YOUR LABELS was created by Patricia
OK..this really isn't an article but it should be. Do you realize how many drugs contain acetaminophen..i.e. tylenol?
Just because a drug is OTC (over the counter) does not mean its safe. Actually Tylenol has recalled all of its 500mg Tylenol and is replacing with 325mg. But knowing most people they will then take 2 which will be 650mg. Make sure your pharmacist and your doctor know any over the counter drugs you are taking and then actually read that little slip of information they put in with your prescription.
Acetaminophen and CodeineAcetaminophen and PseudoephedrineAcetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and PseudoephedrineAcetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and PseudoephedrineAlka-Seltzer Plus Cold and Sinus [OTC]Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold and Flu Liqui-Gels[OTC]Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Liqui-Gels[OTC]Allerest No Drowsiness [OTC]AnexsiaAnodynos-DHCCapital and CodeineChildren's Tylenol Sinus [OTC]Chlorpheniramine and AcetaminophenCo-GesicColdrine[OTC]Coricidin[OTC]Darvocet-NDarvocet-N 100DolacetDristan Cold [OTC]DuoCetEndocetHy-PhenHydrocetHydrocodone and AcetaminophenHydrogesicInfants' Tylenol Cold Plus Cough Concentrated Drops [OTC]Lorcet 10/650Lorcet PlusLorcet-HDLortabMargesic HMedipain 5NorcoOrnex Maximum Strength [OTC]Ornex[OTC]Oxycodone and AcetaminophenPercocet 10/650Percocet 2.5/325Percocet 5/325Percocet 7.5/500Phenaphen With CodeinePronap-100Propoxacet-NPropoxyphene and AcetaminophenRoxicet 5/500RoxiloxSine-Aid Maximum Strength [OTC]Sine-Off Maximum Strength No Drowsiness Formula [OTC]Sinus-Relief[OTC]Sinutab Sinus Allergy Maximum Strength [OTC]Sinutab Sinus Maximum Strength Without Drowsiness [OTC]StagesicSudafed Severe Cold [OTC]T-GesicTavist Sinus [OTC]Thera-Flu Maximum Strength Flu and Cold Medicine for Sore Throat [OTC]Thera-Flu Non-Drowsy Formula Maximum Strength [OTC]Tylenol Cold Non-Drowsy [OTC]Tylenol Flu Non-Drowsy Maximum Strength [OTC]Tylenol Sinus Maximum Strength [OTC]Tylenol With CodeineTyloxVicodinVicodin ESVicodin HPWygesicZydone
ok i may have missed a few.....point is many patients are given oxycodone after surgery and then patients think Oh Heck i can take 8 tylenol also.....NOT. 4000 mg is tops you can take and thats really too much and it should not be taken longer than 14 days and thats too much.
And why i am writing this is I just heard from a patient who was given oxycodone after his cystectomy and because of his intense pain or what the oxycodone made him think was intense pain he also was taking 8 tylenol a day (500 mg)..Now his liver enzymes are all over the place and he can't figure out why!! Now the pharmacist will know why but his doc is scratching his head!!!
please watch your meds!!
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne