Going to love this one

12 years 11 months ago #37904 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Going to love this one
Getting an appointment with a dermatologist now is a big problem. The reason is, apparently, that they are making so much money doing Botox and such that they are heavily overbooked. And cosmetic procedures, not covered by insurance (with all its rules and regulations), are much more lucrative so take precedence in appointment scheduling.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37903 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Going to love this one
I think the key here would be to be treated at a major cancer hospital or university center that has a multidisiplinary team and then the referral is automatic. I know that was my case..unfortunately my oncologist double-booked and the waiting was sometimes up to 3hrs.......so i left her and had to wait about a month to get in with another oncologist who i kind of butted heads with...just did not like him. Now on to my 3rd next week.
But i still can't get in with a dermatologist anywhere!!
pat

12 years 11 months ago #37902 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic Going to love this one
wow! Scary article. I wonder if anyone on the ABLCS site has had problems getting appointments/care?

Personally, I can't believe the speed with which I was diagnosed and treated. Truly supurb(sp?) care and follow-up. Drs., nurses, everybody was top-notch, I couldn't have asked for better.

BTW - My care was NOT in a known medical hotspot, but in a "dying" city if you read the news/internet. Grand Rapids MIchigan may just be an up and coming medical center of the future.

4 hospitals,
Lemmen Holten Cancer center,
DeVos Childrens Hospital,
Fred and Lena Meijer heart center,
the list goes on...

Lynda

3 years UTIs
Indiana Pouch - July 2010
Pulmonary Met. - May 2011
Chemo started June 2011

12 years 11 months ago #37894 by Patricia
Going to love this one was created by Patricia
Two-Thirds of Newly Diagnosed U.S. Cancer Patients Unable to Obtain Oncology Appointments, Study Suggests
www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110601152057.htm
I think this also applies to trying to get an appointment with a dermatologist! Been trying for months.
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne