Living with Bladder Cancer - Continued here

13 years 2 weeks ago #37568 by Sassy
Letting Go of the Past and Facing the Future With Courage

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/letting-go-past-and-facing-future-courage

What is ahead in the future, I do not know. I only know that whatever I face, I will be able to cope. Life has thrown a lot of rocks in the road along my journey, but as long as I have love, faith and hope, I shall not fear tomorrow nor tomorrow.

Sylvia L. Ramsey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #37559 by Sassy
A Wonderful Start to Happily Ever After

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/wonderful-start-happily-ever-after

And...there is even more to the story of Living with bladder cancer.

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 1 month ago #37304 by Sassy
Finding Love After So Much Pain

There can be a life after cancer, caregiving and grief. I feel blessed at every sunrise.

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/finding-love-after-so-much-pain

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 1 month ago #37291 by Sassy
Duke,

Thank you for the undeserved compliments. I think we all do what we must for the ones we love when life happens. That is all I did, but I was pleased to share my journey with others to let them know mine, hoping that they may find comfort that they do not walk the road alone. I think, sometimes, it was a blessing that I walked both sides of the journey because I have a much better understanding of what it is like for either journey. I, also, think that it was a blessing because I could not get so caught up in my own situation because I had to think of my husband and his illness. I, now, have a better understanding of what my mother always said about walking in another's shoes. My worry now is about my current husband, and what he must experience. Since we married, there have been situations that have occurred that have caused me to have breathing issues. I really understand his feelings and fears. My experience makes me very aware of the feelings he must have about my condition. I have learned that life is precious, and regardless of the situation to savor each and every day. To stop and smell the roses. They are truly beautiful, and gifts we often overlook.

Sylvia

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #37285 by dukel
Sylvia; just finished reading your articales. That is some story, and you are one strong lady. Through all my journeys with cancer, I have always maintained that the caregivers like you and my lovely wife were the ones that deserved all the praise, and also the ones that had the toughest road. (one reason way i have never cared for the term survivor) So to read that you traversed both the part of caregiver and patient at the same time and flourished,
is amazing. I myself have been through the whole cancer thing three times now and never once gone into the "why me stuff". I feel i have handled it pretty well. But I have to say the whole caregiver thing scares me to death! I just do not understand where all you caregivers get your strength and patients.
As for this site, I have expressed my feeling about it many time on here, but am not sure i give you due credit. So, thank you!
I have said before the first two cancers i had, there was no road map. Each step of the process was always without knowledge of what to expect tomorrow. Fear of the unknown, what was or was not normal. No way to interact with others who had or were going through the same thing. This site changed all that. There is now a road map for bladder cancer patients.
Thank You, and wishing you the best.
Duke

13 years 1 month ago #37259 by Sassy
After the Funeral: Work, a Cause and a Social Life

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/after-funeral-work-cause-and-social-life

I know that there are some individuals that are not able to take the steps forward in the same manner that I have taken. However, my personal opinion is that life is special, and I want to live it to its fullest. I think this is one thing my first husband taught me. Some may think I was wrong to take the road I took, but it was the right one for me...and it was the road my first husband wanted me to take. I loved him enough to take it. It has made all the difference.

Sylvia L. Ramsey

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne