Markedly Higher Vitamin D Intake Needed

13 years 2 months ago #36848 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Markedly Higher Vitamin D Intake Needed
Pat that is the reason I post these without comment,discussion is very important. Many adults in the US do not get enough vitamin D and there is a lot that is now suggesting that it is important as far as cancer goes. But Vitamins and supplements can do great damage if misused.

What I post under Articles of interest are meant for research not posted as fact.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #36847 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Markedly Higher Vitamin D Intake Needed
All this recent talk of More Vitamin D....yikes........please, please be measured first. If you live in Canada yea you probably are low...but anywhere there is sunshine unless you're a hermit you're going to produce plenty. Plus many foods are now fortified with D. It is a fat soluable vitamin and does not go quickly out of your system. Because i had breast cancer they did check me and found out i had an abundance of it.
The symptoms of vitamin D overdose can vary from mild to serious. Some, like nervousness and irritability, are emotional. But physical signs can start to appear as nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and accompanying weight loss. Sufferers may also become dehydrated and experience increased thirst and severe headaches. As symptoms progress, the nerves and muscles become affected, leading to itchy skin, fatigue and weakness. More serious issues of vitamin D toxicity in the body leads to elevated levels of calcium that reside in the blood and soft tissues (like the lungs, heart and kidneys). At this point, bone pain or bone loss can occur. Sufferers will also exhibit urinary tract symptoms ranging from excessive production of urine to kidney stones or renal failure. High blood pressure and an increased risk of heart disease are concerns and ultimately can lead to irrevocable damage to major organs.
So please don't just go out and buy the stuff....its a simple blood test..........Pat

13 years 2 months ago #36843 by Cynthia

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne