Ingredient in cannabis restores taste for cancer p

13 years 2 months ago #36654 by jimswife
Like you, Mike, I am wondering what's with the cisplatin and pot issue? I know Jim has a horrible taste in his mouth with many foods and as a result once "the taste" hits that's it he cannot eat anymore. I have heard that down here in FLA USA, there is a bush called the "miracle tree" it has some sort of berries that are edible and when eaten just a couple they make everything taste sweet. Many chemo patients can't wait for "miracle tree" season to come around. Unfortunately all throughout Jim's chemo it wasn't "miracle tree" season. :( So we are on a never ending quest for foods that taste good to him! Meanwhile I am getting bigger and he isn't. :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #36644 by motomike
I had cisplatin until last May and have been ingesting for the last 3 months. I was not concerned with my appetite but with my back pain. My Rx pain meds have serious side effects. I would like to reduce my pain meds in the afternoons. This has worked some but it’s hard to gage amounts to ingest.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

13 years 2 months ago #36617 by mmc
Why is that Pat? Is there some sort of reaction with Cisplatin?

I remember my mother getting pot when she was on chemo many, many years ago. It helped her quite a lot when nothing else seemed to help her. That was for metastatic breast cancer. At first she smoked it, even though she never smoked cigarettes and then had it in various foods.

She had tried oil of clove and various anti-nausea medications to no avail but the pot worked for her. No idea what the chemo drugs were back then.

I'm not on chemo (and hope never to have to be) and I don't partake of the maryjawana since I was in my teens but I'm just a curious guy. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 2 months ago #36616 by Patricia
OH YEAH..try it with Cisplatin and see how fast you end up in the ER...............dumb

13 years 2 months ago #36608 by Cynthia

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne