U of Hawaii internet based study

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #31013 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic U of Hawaii internet based study
FYI, I went on the Website and could not sure if I met eligibility criteria or not; they mentioned being done with chemotherapy and radiation treatment as being a criterion, but I'm on maintenance BCG and wasn't sure how that fit in their scheme of things. You had to sign up and give personal information (which is to be maintained in strictest confidence) even to take the on-line screening survey. So, I instead e-mailed them to check about my eligibility -- told them I'd had one recurrence of BLC, was on maintenance BCG, and still getting checked every 3 months but soon to go to 6 months. They replied and said I did NOT meet eligibility criteria because of the recurrence and the fact that I'm still getting check ups. They didn't mention anything about the BCG, which in fact was what I thought might be a deciding factor. By their criteria, it would seem that virtually no one with BLC who stil has a bladder would qualify; after all, even people with no recurrences are still going to be getting checkups for the rest of their life (albeit some may be getting them annually).

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #30957 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic U of Hawaii internet based study
Sounds like this might be an interesting workshop. If I did not already have so many irons in the fire I would do it. If anyone does participate please let me know if the experience was good.

Webs

14 years 2 months ago #30924 by Cynthia
U of Hawaii internet based study was created by Cynthia
Ross Yamato of the University of Hawaii asked me to let you know about a new internet based research study about cancer survivors they are doing. Here is the link for more information.

hawaiisurvivors.stanford.edu/hl/hlMain

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne