Maratona Urológica 2009 - Management of muscle inv

14 years 7 months ago #27866 by Melodie
Pat,

I don't like saying it but sometimes I honest think it's a crap shoot. I couldn't get an agreement if mine was T2 or T3...all I know for sure is that when I first saw the tumor on the monitor I was frightened and wanted that nasty looking thing out of me as soon as they could get to it. A few days after my RC when my surgeon bounced into my room to tell me all labs were good, I called him back to ask him what condition the bladder was actually in after having it out for examination. I was just hoping I didn't have it yanked out without a good reason. I wanted confirmation I had made the right choice. Based on what he told me, I did. Then of course, I had to wonder if I had made the right choice of a diversion and of course, as time moved on, I found I had. I feel lucky and blessed.

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #27850 by Patricia
hmmmm.. what do we think of this one...i like the part about no bowel prep or nasal gastric tube!...seems like it would get a bit messy though?? But interesting about TURB of Stage 2 as curative......I've often wondered about that as after my second TURB by a top surgeon at MSK my path report came back as "no invasion" yet i was recommended for cystectomy. All other tests came back as no lymph node involvement so no chemo recommended. When my bladder was examined after cystectomy no cancer was found...a little dysplasia so it might have come back......but interesting i think. But only if a world class surgeon is doing the cutting!
www.urotoday.com/287/conference_coverage/maratona_urolgica_2009__bladder_cancer/maratona_urolgica_2009__management_of_muscle_invasive_disease__session_highlights08182009.html
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne