Canadian Bladder Cancer Advocacy Group

14 years 8 months ago #27619 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Canadian Bladder Cancer Advocacy Group
Jack - Congrats and sincerest best wishes - to you and the wonderful volunteers who will help you to reach your goal. I think when it comes to people passionate about a cause, there is no stopping them. Can we ever have too many voices raised or too much information shared when it comes to BC awareness. I don't think so. I, for one, hope to live long enough to see BC as well known as breast cancer...wouldn't that be awesome. Sadly, I sometimes think that it takes a famous person to be dx'd with a type of cancer in order for it to receive sufficient visibility. And even then, the famous person must be willing to go public for it to really have a major impact in the media. :(

Meanwhile, I think we warriors have to keep making an effort in whatever way we can. There are times when we may not all agree on the details but we can stay united and focus on the end result...increased awareness and the chance to improve the quality of life for the BC patient. So many of us have been affected by BC in such personal and life changing ways, and we have the desire to help make the journey for others less threatening, less difficult and less painful. What a blessing it is to be able to hep others find their way. Sure, there are times when we may feel we don't have the time, energy or funds to do what we would like, but any small effort we make can make a profound and positive difference in the life of another. So, I say, GO, WARRIORS GO!!!!! :woohoo:

P.S. When I first put my website together, I wanted to use the address: bcwarriors.com but Lo and Behold :ohmy: I discovered that address was already taken by Canadian sports club...hockey I think....so I then made mine...bladdercancerwarrior.com :) Anyway, it all worked out. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27615 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Canadian Bladder Cancer Advocacy Group
I am delighted to read this news- I wish you every success. When my late husband Bob was first diagnosed we had so many fears, concerns, & questions. I approached the Can. Cancer Society- but received precious little help. Their attitude was & still is "if it ain't breast cancer, it ain't happenin'"
This site proved a Godsend of information, & compassion for us- Best of luck- Lorrie

14 years 8 months ago #27613 by BJsHere
Replied by BJsHere on topic Canadian Bladder Cancer Advocacy Group
Congratulations Jack~
I know you will put your heart into it and make it successful.
Many will benefit from you unselfish act and that of your friends.

BJ

14 years 8 months ago #27600 by Moonerj
In Canada we are in the early stages of starting a bladder cancer awareness group. We have 3 board members, and 5 medical advisers (top Uros) on board, along with the support of the Cdn Uro Assoc. Our website is under construction and hopefully will launch Oct. 1/09. We are proud to be the first national BLC advocacy group in our country.
We are currently recruiting Canadian advocates and volunteers.
We have applied for a charitable corporate charter from the Canadian government.
We are aware that this is a very immense project and will take time to get organized and on our feet properly.
We do not intend to re-invent the wheel and will be counting on people like Cynthia and Diane to guide us and assist us with their extensive knowledge in the awareness field. We look to ABLCS and BCAN as our friends.
We would not be in a position to even think about this project without the two proven groups in the USA.
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne