CURE Magazine

14 years 10 months ago #26591 by Patricia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #26583 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic CURE Magazine
Sara Anne and Holly, I have been subscribing to Cure since 2003 when I first saw it in a hospital waiting room. Over the years I think I saw two article about bladder cancer and one about MDS which was the bone marrow cancer Dick also had. The articles seems to be well written and balanced but I expect it is funded by pharmaceutical firms in the sense that advertising pays the costs.
They have now folded Heal into Cure and I think they are switching to an online format. I get an email with links to the articles and they usually have one or two that are only online and not in print.

It was useful for the issues that all cancer patients and caregivers cope with. I think my subscription is running out as they recently asked if I still wanted to receive it. I think I will as I pass it on to the library here after I read them. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

14 years 10 months ago #26578 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic CURE Magazine
Hi Sara,

I too got the CURE magazine while I was in treatment. I found it very helpful dealing with going thru that part of the journey. Admittedly not much was specifically published about bladder cancer.
Afterwards I found HEAL magazine - very helpful in getting on with living after cancer.
I did try to locate info on CURE - all I could find is that they are CMG - Cure magazine group. The media company that "owns" it also publishes materials for drs. Sorry I know little else.

Good luck to you, Holly

14 years 10 months ago #26575 by sara.anne
CURE Magazine was created by sara.anne
Can anyone enlighten me as to who publishes this? I get my "free" copy, and really wonder about all the advertising. The information inside doesn't really answer my question. On one hand, they cite a connection with the ACS but....all the drug advertising makes me suspicious (overly?)

The latest copy arrived today...not a word I could find about bladder cancer.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne