T1 disease and lamina propria invasion

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #26050 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic T1 disease and lamina propria invasion
Yeah...i'm a knucklehead also....every time i get one of these abstracts i contact the writer and ask for the full transcript...depends on who you ask...sometimes i get it...more often i don't. But this is a discussion that appears on a regular basis at all these conventions....knowing when to say this T1 Grade 3 needs to get out of here!!...And so much depends on pathology departments and i'm talking really really great pathology departments. I'm just heart sick over the number of cases that have supposedly been clear for 3 yrs and only to find out it has already found a home in the liver, lung, and bones......how can that be? There are so many tests on different proponents of this cancer...that only the good paths will check the P53...the NP22 .. and other factors that say.....this is going to be aggressive. In many of the papers i've read it is the reluctance of the patient to have surgery even when recommended.
I don't know.....if the tumors come back after initial rounds of BCG or Mitomycin C and you're T1 G 3.....its pretty clear they've found a home.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #26045 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic T1 disease and lamina propria invasion
OK. Maybe I'm just a knuckle head but all I can read is the abstract. How do I read the full article? I am signed in but I can't find a link to the full article.

Mike
:unsure:

PS: I have an account and I am logged in.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 11 months ago #26042 by Patricia
T1 disease and lamina propria invasion was created by Patricia
www.urotoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view_ua&id=2222461
This from Memorial Sloan and Dr. Bochner. It just shows why this is so conroversial and why you need to seek out the best uro/surgeons who treat this disease.....knowing when to say when!
free to access...just register
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne