Urachal Carcinoma: Analysis W/ Outcome Correlation

15 years 1 month ago #24573 by Patricia
I wrote ganfighter who has a new blog on here as he has urachal cancer and asked him the protocal as i'd never heard of such a long term use of Gemzar/Cisplatin.......Here's his reply.......I'm hoping it gets published somewhere..........

I was diagnosed as the urachal carcinoma of the bladder, local extension into viscera other than bladder on April, 2007.
In 2007, I had two TURBT, one laparoscopic partial cystectomy and Gemzar/Cisplatin chemotherapy through the vein per month. I had four courses of Gemzar/Cisplatin chemotherapy through the vein from Jul to Nov, 2007.

In Japan, urachal carcinoma is so rare that there is no standard treatment. According to PubMed, there are few articles on TS1+Cysplatin, FOLFOX and/or Gemzar/Cisplatin for Japanese patients of urachal carcinoma.

I got complete remission on Dec, 2007.
However, my tumor marker braked the limit of normal value on Mar, 2008. So, I took five courses of Gemzar/Cisplatin chemotherapy through the vein from Apr to Sep, 2008.
In 2009, rapid increase of CA19-9 revealed the ventriculus obstruction, I had two courses of Gemzar/Cisplatin chemotherapy through the vein from Jan to Mar, 2009.
I hope this will help you easily understand a Japanese rare case report of urachal carcinoma.

ganfighter
JAPAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #24571 by Betsy Mae
Interesting! There is not much around regarding urachal cancer.

15 years 1 month ago #24568 by Cynthia

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne