First report I ever saw on TV about Bladder Cancer

15 years 5 months ago #22586 by Cynthia
Thank you for sharing bcwarrior you are right there is much too little said about blc in the press. The ABLCS is committed to changing that and will work hard to advocate for blc and spread the news but it will take time. We all can make a difference once we get past the fear and freight of our dx we need to talk to anyone that will listen about blc every chance we get. I think it was Crazy Horse the great Indian chief who was once quoted as saying “sometimes you have to beat your own drum”. By the way happy turkey day!

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #22569 by Patricia
I've read several reports on the androgen receptor and bladder cancer but guess what.....surprise...they've only studied it in men.
www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6VJW-4CYNV9S-4&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&
Now looking at androgen in females would be interesting also..i read this article and a light bulb went off

www.healthywomen.org/healthtopics/androgen
Look at what overexpression or underexpression with the female produces...anyone had any of these in the female population? Just curious because i have......
So study the females GUYS!!
Pat

15 years 5 months ago #22566 by bobmac2
Thank you for passing on the link- it was very interesting & you are right, bladder cancer isn't recognized. Breast Cancer gets all the attention- hmmmmmmmm, 'boobs' are always in the forefront
Lorrie

15 years 5 months ago #22561 by psee4me
I have not seen any TV reports on BLC either. Interesting thought on this video about the increase of blc as it relates to male hormone. I hope one day researchers can crack the blc code.

15 years 5 months ago #22555 by bcfighter
I have heard many reports about cancer but this was the first one I saw on channel 6 about bladder cancer and it is very interesting and definitely worth watching. BCfighter

abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=6508618

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne